Monday 17 October 2016

Megan's Quilt

'Megan's Quilt' made by Maria
'Megan's Quilt' made by Maria
A few weeks ago I quilted this pretty quilt for Maria which is for her grand-daughter Megan.  It was my birthday last week and amongst all the birthday post was a card from Maria thanking me for do the quilting.  A happy customer - one of the best presents you can get!
'Megan's Quilt' made by Maria
'Megan's Quilt' made by Maria
Maria chose lovely fresh prints to make up a scrappy 16-patch block.  She used the leftover fabrics to piece a binding which I attached as part of the longarm quilting service.  I have often used pieced bindings on my own quilts and it is a great way to use up the leftovers from you project.
'Ginger Hearts' Digital pantograph by Apricot Moon
Maria chose the popular 'Ginger Hearts' digital pantograph by Apricot Moon as an allover quilting pattern and the thread was the softest pink to give a very subtle contrast to the background.

There is only one problem - Megan has a twin brother and no doubt Grandma is now going have her hands busy making one for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment